Millions of Americans suffer from chronic low back pain.
The debilitating pain can make it impossible to engage in your favorite activities and sports. It can even be difficult to do your job, as well as basic household chores.
Thankfully, your New Kensington chiropractor can help you find relief with a low back pain treatment plan.
Why It’s Important to Find the Cause of Your Lower Back Pain
To start, your chiropractor will complete a comprehensive physical evaluation, discuss your health history, and possibly order diagnostic testing, like x-rays or an MRI.
The information compiled will show your New Kensington chiropractor what’s causing your lower back pain.
Common causes of this type of pain are:
- Congenital issues, like spinal irregularities (such as scoliosis, a curvature of the spine) or spina bifida (incomplete development of the spinal cord)
- Injuries such as muscle, tendon, or ligament sprains/strain, or a traumatic injury from a fall or car accident
- Degenerative disc disease
- Herniated discs
- Nerve compression
- Lifestyle (sitting for long periods) or poor ergonomics
Understanding the root cause of your pain will help your chiropractor choose the best therapies for your condition.
Chiropractic Low Back Pain Treatment – Why It Works
When your spine is out of alignment, it can cause muscle, ligament, and tendon strain and tension. Additionally, misalignment can cause nerve compression.
Your treatment plan will contain treatments such as:
- Spinal adjustments: Places the vertebrae in proper alignment, thereby relieving strain and allowing for proper body function.
- Massage therapy: Promotes healing while relaxing sore, tense muscles.
- Spinal decompression: Releases pressure on compressed nerves from misalignment or herniated discs.
Such treatments can lead to a significant reduction in pain levels. In a 2017 poll, patients who received chiropractic low back pain treatment were more satisfied compared with treatment from a general physician.
Choose the Chiropractic Team with Decades of Experience
Dr. Ronald Festa opened his practice in 1993. During that time, he’s treated thousands of patients. The knowledge he’s gained through his chiropractic training and continuing education, as well as his years of experience, can benefit you.
You don’t need to suffer from chronic back pain. Let Drs. Festa and Zachary Petrak create a custom low back pain treatment plan that will reduce your pain quickly and help you get back to an active lifestyle.